How do I report a missing or damaged Stop or Yield sign, a flashing traffic signal or a signal that is completely out?
Call 311 – A liaison will answer your call during normal business hours (7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.).
If it is after normal business hours (7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.), follow the prompts to report a Street Emergency.
What information will I need to report this issue?
When you call, please provide your name and phone number as well as the following information:
- Intersection location:
- Which intersection is having the issue? (Ex: Lafayette and South)
- Which direction are you traveling? (Ex: northbound on Lafayette)
- What time of day did you experience the problem?
- Description of both the issue and the scale of the issue:
- What is the issue? (missing or damaged sign, traffic signal out/flashing, etc.)
- What type of sign is missing or damaged? Ie stop or yield sign
- Is the signal flashing? What color?
- Is the signal completely out in all directions? Or just one signal or light?
How long does it take to respond to a traffic signal service request?
Traffic & Lighting crews will respond to traffic emergencies immediately. The first order of business will be to make the intersection safe. Traffic & Lighting crews will evaluate the issue and implement repairs as soon as possible. If a permanent sign or signal repair cannot be set up immediately, temporary signs will be set up.