Report Traffic Signal Outages and Damaged Signs
- How do I report a missing or damaged Stop or Yield sign, a flashing traffic signal or a signal that is completely out?
- What information will I need to report this issue?
- How long does it take to respond to a traffic signal service request?
- 311 Process Notes
Use only to report:
- a traffic signal is flashing, completely out or one or more lights in the signal aren't working
- a pedestrian signal or wait-walk indicator button is not working
- a traffic sign (ie Stop, Yield sign, etc.) is missing or damaged.
DO NOT USE to report traffic or pedestrian signals timing issues or to request a new sign or signal installed. Information on this request can be found in the Report a Traffic Concern Article.
How do I report a missing or damaged Stop or Yield sign, a flashing traffic signal or a signal that is completely out?
Call 311. A liaison will answer your call during normal business hours (7:30 am – 5:30 pm). If calling 311 after normal business hours, follow the prompts to report a Street Emergency.
What information will I need to report this issue?
When reporting an issue, please provide your name and phone number as well as the following information:
• Location of issue:
o Which intersection is having the issue? (Ex: Lafayette and South)
o Which direction are you traveling? (Ex: northbound on Lafayette)
o What time of day did you experience the problem?
• Description of both the issue and the scale of the issue:
o What is the issue? (Missing or damaged sign, traffic signal out/flashing, etc.)
o What type of sign is missing or damaged? Ie stop or yield sign
o Is the signal flashing? What color?
o Is the signal completely out in all directions? Or just one signal or light?
How long does it take to respond to a traffic signal service request?
Traffic & Lighting crews will evaluate the issue and implement repairs as soon as possible. If a damaged sign or traffic signal outage cannot be repaired immediately, temporary signs will be set up.
311 Process Notes
HOT SHEET ITEM
During business hours: 6:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., critical requests are sent to Traffic & Lighting via service request and followed up with a phone call to the Radio Room. Calls for traffic signal outages and damaged should NOT be sent to Engineering.
After business hours, contact SBPD Dispatch.