What are the guidelines for yard waste service?
- Accepted items for yard waste bins include grass clippings, weeds, leaves, twigs and brush.
- Must be completely void of the items below or it will not be picked up:
- Household trash and food debris
- Animal waste
- Dirt and rocks
- Oils, liquids and other hazardous waste
- Plastic bags and recycling
- Must be curbside by 6:00 a.m. on trash pickup day and away from any cars, containers, mailboxes, trees or any other obstructions. The bin must not be under any power lines or branches.
- All yard waste must fit inside City-issued yard waste containers with the lid closed and the opening facing the street. Bags on top of the bin, on the ground or in personal containers will NOT be collected. (Residents may order as many containers as necessary for $2/month each.)
- Separate trash and yard waste by at least three feet.
Are large branches or biodegradable bags of yard waste allowed in the bins?
No – biodegradable paper bags of yard waste and branches are only collected through an extra yard waste pickup. A homeowner is allowed one free yard waste extra pickup of up to 10 30-gallon biodegradable yard waste bags or a cubic yard of bundled and tied limbs per month.
To schedule a yard waste extra pickup, residents can fill out the online form or can call 311 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Extra pickups will be scheduled on the next available trash day, which will be listed in your confirmation email.
Note: Branches need to be cut to four (4) feet or shorter, be no more than four (4) inches in diameter and bundled securely with twine into manageable bundles.
When does the weekly yard waste service occur?
Yard waste service takes place on the same day as trash pickup. Look up your trash day by address.
How do I sign up for weekly yard waste service?
Sign up for the program online or call 311.