What are the guidelines for a yard waste extra pickup?
For extra pickups, homeowners need to follow these guidelines:
• All bags must be the brown, biodegradable paper leaf bags and completely void of any
• Branches need to be cut to four (4) feet or shorter, be no more than four (4) inches in
diameter and bundled securely with twine into manageable bundles.
• All items must be curbside by 6:00 a.m. on trash day as no items will be picked in the
• Yard waste needs to be away from any cars, containers, mailboxes, trees or any other
obstructions. Items cannot be under any power lines or branches.
• No plastic of any kind will be accepted.
How much does it cost for a yard waste extra pickup?
A household is allowed one free yard waste extra pickup of up to 10 30-gallon biodegradable yard waste bags or a cubic yard of bundled and tied limbs per month. Additional amounts will be charged at a rate of $10 per cubic yard (equates to 10 30-gallon biodegradable bags). If the cost of the pickup is estimated to be more than $100, the homeowner will be contacted for approval prior to the removal. Homeowners do not have to participate in the Yard Waste Program to request an extra pickup.
How do I request a yard waste extra pickup?
To schedule a yard waste extra pickup, residents can fill out the online form or can call 311 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. The online form must be submitted by 2:00 p.m. on the business day prior to the scheduled trash pickup day. Forms submitted after the 2:00 p.m. deadline will be scheduled for the following week.
Note: A confirmation email will be sent once the request has been processed by Solid Waste. This may take up to 24 hours.
Only the primary account holder (landlord, property manager, etc.) can schedule an extra trash pickup. The last four numbers of the social security number are required to schedule a yard waste extra pickup.