Weekly Yard Waste Service
- What are the guidelines for yard waste service?
- Are large branches or biodegradable bags of yard waste allowed in the bins?
- When does the weekly yard waste service occur?
- How do I sign up for weekly yard waste service?
- 311 Process Notes
Yard waste season runs April 1 to November 30. Weekly pickup of yard waste, such as grass clippings, brush and leaves, is available to city residents for a fee of $4.50 per month ($36 per year) during the season. The monthly fee is applied to the utility bill. A 48-or 96-gallon bin is provided with collection taking place on the same day as trash pickup. Sign up for the program online or call 311.
Residents are asked to help reduce yard waste contamination by only putting grass clippings, leaves, twigs and weeds in the yard waste bins. Items such as animal waste, dirt and rocks, household trash and food waste, lumber and large tree limbs, oils, liquors and other hazardous waste, plastic bags and recycling do NOT belong in the yard waste bins.
Yard waste collected from residents is converted to mulch and compost which is available free of charge if self-loading at Organic Resources, located at 4340 Trade Dr.
What are the guidelines for yard waste service?
- Accepted items for yard waste bins include grass clippings, weeds, leaves and twigs.
- Must be completely void of the items below or it will not be picked up:
- Animal waste
- Dirt and rocks
- Food debris
- Household trash and food waste
- Lumber and large tree limbs (Large tree limbs are defined as branches more than four feet long and/or four inches in diameter.)
- Oils, liquids and other hazardous waste
- Plastic bags
- Must be curbside by 6:00 a.m. on trash pickup day and away from any cars, containers, mailboxes, trees or any other obstructions. The bin must not be under any power lines or branches.
- All yard waste must fit inside a City-issued yard waste bin with the lid closed and the opening facing the street. Bags on top of the bin, on the ground or in personal containers will NOT be collected. (Residents may order as many bins as necessary for $4.50/month each.)
- Separate trash and yard waste bins by at least three feet.
Are large branches or biodegradable bags of yard waste allowed in the bins?
No – biodegradable paper bags of yard waste and branches are only collected through an extra yard waste pickup. A homeowner can request one free yard waste extra pickup of up to 10 30-gallon biodegradable yard waste bags or a cubic yard of bundled and tied limbs per month.
To schedule a yard waste extra pickup, residents can fill out the online form or can call 311 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Extra pickups will be scheduled on the next available trash day, which will be listed in your confirmation email.
Note: Branches need to be cut to four (4) feet or shorter, be no more than four (4) inches in diameter and bundled securely with twine into manageable bundles.
When does the weekly yard waste service occur?
Yard waste service takes place on the same day as trash pickup. Look up your trash day by address.
How do I sign up for weekly yard waste service?
Sign up for the program online or call 311.