Payment Extension for Utility Bill
- Payment Extensions
- Allows a customer up to ten (10) additional calendar days beyond the deadline to avoid service disconnection.
- Customers may receive up to 12 extensions per calendar year.
- Extension agreements must be entered on the portal (utilities.southbendin.gov) by 4:00 p.m. on the payment deadline date printed on the red disconnect notice and/or provided through the delinquency phone calls.
- No extensions will be given once an account has been processed for disconnection.
- A customer who does not pay by the extension date provided will be ineligible for an Extension for 6 months.