Where do I apply for a Temporary Lawn Parking Permit?
You may apply for a license with the Department of Community Investment in the County-City Building at 227 W Jefferson Blvd, Suite 1400S. If applying for lawn parking during a Notre Dame football home game, the application must be submitted between the hours of 8:00am and 4:30pm no later than noon on the Wednesday before the game. For questions, please contact the Business License Administrator at 574-235-5912.
Click for access to the application and ordinance.
What documents do I need to include with the application?
If parking ten (10) or more cars per day, you will need to provide a lot survey, site plan or similar legal document which shows:
- Show the location of the lot lines and structures on the property
- Indicate the setback of parking spaces are at least five feet (5') from all lot lines and structures
- Show the lanes for entering and exiting the property
- Show the location of proposed parking spaces with a box and number in numerical order
How much does a Temporary Lawn Permit cost?
Daily Lawn Permits:
- If parking nine (9) cars or less , the cost is $3.00 per parking space per day
- If parking ten (10) cars or more, the cost is a flat rate of $50.00 per day
- Season Pass: $25.00
- If less than a season pass: $5.00 multiplied by the number of games
- If purchasing a season pass for 10 or more spaces prior to the first Notre Dame home game, a 10% discount will be applied to the permit fee
The license will be issued upon approval.