What is Spring ReLeaf?
Spring ReLeaf is a service provided by the City to pick up loose leaves for residents on a call-in basis.
Who can request a leaf pickup?
Residents in the city limits can request leaf pickup by calling 311 from Monday, April 10 to Friday, April 21. Leaves need to be free of trash and other debris or they may not be collected.
When will my leaves get picked up?
Residents can call 311 to request leaf pickup from Monday, April 10 to Friday, April 21. Leaf pickup will begin the week of April 17.
Where should I put my leaves?
Leaves should be raked to the curb, NOT into the street, to prevent them from clogging storm inlets. Resident should rake leaves prior to calling 311 to ensure they are picked up.
Residents are asked to follow these guidelines for the program:
- Leaves need to be free of trash and other debris or they may not be collected.
- Leaves need to be in the tree lawn area by 6:00 a.m. to ensure they are picked up.
- Rake leaves to the tree lawn, NOT into the street.
- Avoid parking on top or in front of leaf piles along curb lines, as this hampers our crew from collecting the leaves.
- Burning of leaves is prohibited and is a violation of City ordinance.
- Residents may call 311 with any questions
311 Process Notes
- Open a call in Dynamics 365
- Open the "Spring Releaf Program" article
- Follow the link to the "SPRING RELEAF SCHEDULING" map
- search the address
- right click on the address in the map
- at the bottom of the pop up box click edit
- Change the status field to "Collect Here"
- If you choose the incorrect address in error simply change the status to "No Collection" and the order will be removed.
- Add notes to Dynamics indicating that you have scheduled the pick up in the map
- Remind residents of pick up guidelines
- Advise that pick up can take place any time after April 17th and crews will work until all work orders are completed.