WW-INQUIRY: Water Service Line Leak Insurance
What does the Water Service Line Leak Insurance Program cover?
- In the City of South Bend, the water service line from the point of connection to the water main, including meter pits, valves and fittings are installed and owned by the property owner, with the exception of certain line failures described below.
- The Water Service Line Leak Insurance Program covers repairs and/or replacement of a leaking service line from the water main to the front wall of any building, or line extended therefrom.
What is not covered under the Water Service Line Leak Insurance Program?
- The Water Service Line Leak Insurance program does NOT cover leaks under any porch, steps, slab foundation, hard surface driveway, parking lot, crawl space or in any room or space under any sidewalk.
- The Insurance program does NOT cover sprinkler service lines. However, if the domestic service line has a lawn-sprinkler connection tee in it, said domestic service line and the tee will be insured, but not beyond the tee nor any costs of repair to the lawn-sprinkling system proper.
- Service lines 2" or larger are covered from the water main to the property line only.
How do I find out if my leak is insured through the Water Service Line Leak Insurance Program?
- All claims for the repair of a water service line through the Water Service Line Leak Insurance Program must be approved by the Department of Water Works.
- If you experience a leak in your service line, please call 311. Water Works staff will be dispatched to the property.