Views: 1154

WW-INQUIRY: Terminating Utilities Service

The various ways to request termination of service and other information pertaining to this topic can be found below. 

What information do I need to provide to terminate my Utility service?

The Utility will request a forwarding address for your final bill.

How quickly can I have services terminated?

The Utility does not offer same-day terminations.

In most cases, the Utility can terminate services as soon as the next day following the request as long as the request is received by 4:30 p.m. (subject to availability.)​ However, the Utility is not obligated to terminate services unless provided three (3) working days' notice.

When will I receive my final bill?

Your final bill should generate within a week of termination.

Any deposit that was billed will be automatically refunded against the final bill.

If there is a net credit on your account greater than $3.00, a refund check will be issued to the last known billing address within ninety (90) days after payment of the final bill.

How do I terminate my Utility service?

To terminate service, residents can complete the Termination Request Form online or call 311 or 574-235-9236 and select Option 4.

For 311:

**Perhaps we can discuss 311 assisting with terminations by completing the new online termination form for the customer.