Vacant and Abandoned Registration

Views: 288

CODE-INQUIRY: Vacant and Abandoned Registration

Everyone who owns a property in the City of South Bend that has been vacant for 90 days or more and is the subject of an order that has remained unresolved for 30 or more days must register the property.

Where do you register your vacant and abandoned home?

You can register your property by going to the vacant and abandoned information page where you can download a form then fill it out and return to South Bend Code Enforcement, office or you can pick up a form at Code Enforcement on the 13th floor of the County City Building, or by contacting 311 to have a form emailed or mailed to you.

When do you register your vacant and abandoned home?

Vacant and abandoned registration occurs yearly and must be renewed every year before December 31st.

How do I get more information on the Vacant and Abandoned Registration?

You can go online to Vacant and Abandoned Registration or you can call 311.

For 311:

Options for resident:

  • Share link to form via email
  • Create service request to NCE so they mail a copy to resident
  • Pick up form in NCE office, 13th Floor of County-City Building