What areas require Design Review?
There are multiple Design Review Areas:
- Northeast Neighborhood Development Area Overlay District
- South Bend Central Development Area
- Studebaker Corridor Development Area
- West Washington-Chapin Development Area
- Airport Economic Development Area
What is the cost for a design review?
The Northeast Neighborhood Development Area Overlay District is the only design review area for which we require an additional fee:
- All stand-alone residential or commercial new construction in the Northeast Neighborhood Development Overlay District requires a design review fee of $160, cash or check.
- Please follow applicable plan submission requirements.
- Development standards and regulations may be found in Section 21-06.03 of the South Bend Zoning Ordinance.