What is the cost for an extra pick-up of flood damaged items?
During the time period following a flood, the flood damage will be picked at no cost to City residents. All items need to be legitimately damaged due to the flood in order to receive the free collection.
In the event that materials set out are deemed not to be flood damaged, the customer will be charged accordingly and will be notified by Solid Waste.
What are the extra pick-up guidelines for flood damaged items?
The guidelines are the same as a regular extra pick-up:
- To schedule an extra pick-up, you must call or fill out the webform more than 24 hours before requested day of service. Must specify the items to be collected, date requested, and a working phone number.
- The extra must be out at the curb by 6:00am on the day of service. It may not be put out at the curb more than 24 hours before scheduled pick-up.
- The items must be out front, in an open area, unobstructed by cars, trees, powerlines, fences, poles, buildings or trash containers.
- No prices will be quoted over the phone. Anything up to $100 will be picked without advising the customer should the material be deemed not to be flood damage. Any flood damaged material collected will not be charged during the allotted time period.
- Items blocked or items that need to be moved, the extra pick-up will be rescheduled for the following week.
- Do not put items out that are to be kept. Everything set out will be assumed as trash and be taken to the landfill. No items can be recovered once picked.
Items that are not taken: soil, rocks, sod, concrete, oil, paint, solvents, or tires.
Items that need attention: Any items out for pick-up that contain bed bugs need to be wrapped and contained in plastic. Any items with human bodily fluids such as blood, urine, feces, etc., will not be picked up. Resident must contact an outside source for removal of all biohazard material.
Who is eligible for a flood damage extra pick-up?
Any resident affected by the flood and pays for trash service.
The material set out for collection must be damaged by the flood, After the time limit has been set for free collection, no flood damage extra pick-ups will be picked unless address is verified on the flood damage clean-up list.
When would the extra pick-up be scheduled?
The extra pick-up will be scheduled for your next trash pick-up day.
How can I request a flood damage extra pick-up?
By filling out the web form here. Or by calling the City's 311 call center.