WW-INQUIRY: Shut-Off Balance and Payment Deadline
Residents can find information about shut-off balances and the deadline for making payments or getting an extension or other payment arrangement.
What do I need to pay to avoid disconnection of service and when do I have to pay it?
- The fastest and most accessible way to obtain disconnection information (balance owed and payment deadline) is to call 574.235.9236.
- You will need your account number or the phone number associated with your account.
- This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at no charge to you.
- Payments must be made by 5:00 p.m. on the date printed on your disconnection notice (also provided through our automated phone system) to guarantee that your water service will not be disconnected.
- The Utility will continue accepting payments after 5:00 p.m., but cannot guarantee a payment made after 5:00 p.m. will prevent service disconnection.
- If your account is processed for disconnection, you will have to pay the entire past-due balance on your account to have services restored. This often includes another month's bill.
Where can I get an extension or make payment arrangements?
- All extensions and/or payment arrangements must be made in the Customer Service Office by 5:00 p.m. on the "Disconnection Date" printed on your red disconnect notice or provided through our automated phone system (574.235.9236.)
- There will be no payment arrangements or extensions given after services have been processed for disconnection.
How do I get services restored once I have been processed for disconnection?
- Once you have been processed for disconnection, you must pay your entire past-due balance to have water service restored.
- This amount often includes another month's bill on top of what would have been owed to avoid disconnection of service.
- If payment is made by 4:00 p.m. and either 311 or the Utility is notified, you may have water services restored same-day.
- If payment is not made by 4:00 p.m., restoration of water service can be scheduled for the next business day.
- Hours are subject to service availability and may vary in the summer months.
- A responsible adult must be present at the home when water is restored.
- Property owners have the option of signing a waiver of liability if they do not wish to be present at the location when water service is restored.
- The form is also available at the Utility's Customer Service Office.
- If it is not filled out in person in the office, it must be notarized and either faxed to 574-235-5645 or emailed to email@example.com.
- If no one is present when service arrives to turn the water back on, and a return trip must be made to restore services, a $15.00 return trip fee will be applied to the account.