South Bend Schools & City of South Bend Open Application for Joint Advisory Committee
The mission of the Joint Advisory Committee between the SBCSC and the City of South Bend is to foster and grow cooperation and collaboration between our public school corporation and our city government.
The Committee will review, research, and provide input to the South Bend School Board, City Council, School Superintendent, and Mayor Mueller on issues and challenges of our schools.
How to submit your application
Applications are due by 5pm on Friday, June 2. Applications may be submitted the following ways:
- Online. Submit the application online by completing the following application: Link to Online Application
- Email. Download the application and email this form to email@example.com
- On paper. Download and print the application (link here). You can drop off the paper applications at the Mayor’s Office (227 West Jefferson Street, 14th Floor) or the front desk of the School Administration Building (215 Doctor M.L.K. Jr Blvd)
The School Board, Council, and Mayor all have one citizen appointee. The Superintendent an Educator appointee, and both the Superintendent and Mayor also have a student appointee. The Joint Committee will consist of a total of 14 appointees, including:
- 2 Common Council members appointed by the Common Council President;
- 2 School Board members appointed by the School Board President;
- 1 the Mayor, or her or his designee;
- 1 the School Superintendent, or her or his designee;
- 1 citizen/community member appointed by the Common Council President;
- 1 citizen/community member appointed by the Mayor;
- 1 citizen/community member appointed by the School Board President;
- 1 educator designee appointed by the School Superintendent;
- 1 student appointed by the Mayor;
- 1 student appointed by the School Superintendent;
- 1 member of the Mayor’s administration; and
- 1 member of the School Superintendent’s administration.