Technology Resource Center
- What events are happening at the TRC?
- What space can I use at the TRC?
- How do I reserve space at the TRC?
- 311 Process Notes
The Technology Resource Center (TRC) in South Bend’s Ignition Park was built to democratize technology in our region, located at 1165 Franklin St., South Bend, IN, 46601.
All will be welcome to the TRC to learn about technology and data, gain skills, and co-build an inclusive tech future for South Bend. A co-location between South Bend Code School, the City’s Civic Innovation & Analytics Divisions, and Bloomberg-funded Commuters Trust, the space will be home to technology and data training, cross-sector “Beta City” collaborations, and public programming about regional innovation.
What events are happening at the TRC?
The City of South Bend is excited to offer programming at the TRC to forward its mission of democratizing technology. Along with partners at the St. Joe Public Library, enFocus, Bendable, and more, events are held frequently at the TRC and are open and free to the public. To learn more about upcoming events, visit the TRC on Facebook.
If your organization is interested in partnering with the TRC to host programming, submit an inquiry form here.
- Open Work Wednesdays
- When: last Wednesday of each month | 8AM - 5PM
- Where: Community Common Area
- Why: The TRC opens its doors as a public co-working space one day per month. Join City employees and partners to work in an open, flexible environment. Coffee is always offered!
- Non-Profit Lunch & Learns
- When: Second Thursday of each month | 11:30AM - 1PM
- Where: Community Common Area
- Why: enFocus Fellows and City staff bring data-driven practices to South Bend non-profits interested in learning new skills to leverage data and improve their impact in the region.
What space can I use at the TRC?
The TRC has free, publicly available space for organizations to host meetings, events, workshops and more. There are three spaces available for use:
- Community Common Area
- Layout: Custom configuration of 10+ 2-person tables, 50+ chairs
- Capacity: 100 standing; 50 seated
- Technology: Portable whiteboards; ceiling-mounted projector with audio; OWL camera and audio; Cisco tele-conference phones; community laptop
- Community Flex Space
- Layout: Custom configuration of 12 2-person tables; 25+ chairs
- Capacity: 60 standing; 30 seated
- Technology: Portable whiteboards; 70-inch monitor with audio; Cisco tele-conference phones; community laptop
- Community Small Conference Room
- Layout: Custom configuration of 2 2-person tables; 4+ chairs
- Capacity: 10 standing; 5 seated
- Technology: Mounted whiteboard; 70-inch monitor with audio; Cisco tele-conference phones; community laptop
How do I reserve space at the TRC?
To reserve any space at the TRC, submit a booking inquiry here. Please note if you request a specific space; otherwise, available space will be recommended based on technology needs and capacity limits.
Requests are reviewed on a weekly basis. Space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis, with prioritization given to City employees, organizations, or affiliated programming. There is no cost.
311 Process Notes
For more questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about upcoming events, visit the TRC on Facebook.
If an organization is interested in partnering with the TRC to host programming, submit an inquiry form online.
To reserve any space at the TRC, submit a booking inquiry online.