Utilities Interactive Voice Response System Frequently Asked Questions
If you are experiencing difficulties with the Interactive Voice Response System (IVR) please follow the steps below to troubleshoot.
IVR Call Flow
To make a payment over the IVR, dial: 311 and follow the instructions. You will need your account number or phone number associated with your account.
When dialing 311:
- press 1 for payment options.
- press 2 for account information.
- press 3 to start, transfer, or terminate service.
- press 4 to be transferred to the service department in order to be turned off for an emergency, to report a water main leak, to be shut off for a repair or turned back on after the completion of a repair, to report low pressure or a hit hydrant.
- press 0 to speak to a customer service representative during normal business hours.
This system is designed to provide you with current and historical information about your utility account. You may also make payments using your credit card. In order to use the system, you need your utility account number or telephone number associated with the account. If you are calling to make a payment, please have your credit card number, credit card expiration date, and credit card security code available.
Note: Only one scheduled payment can be stored at a time.
If you are having difficulty with the system, please call: 311 or 574-233-0311.
311 Process Notes
Customers will be transferred to an account specialist (currently called a financial specialist), or create a service request that goes to the account specialist to fix IVR difficulties. Information necessary to collect: (service request information) account information, preferred contact method and contact information. Service order goes to financial specialist work queue.