Traffic Signal Issue

Use to report outages, timing issues, detection complaints.

Is the traffic signal out or does it have flashing lights?

If yes to either question, this is a Street Emergency. Please call 311 and, if outside normal business hours, follow the prompt to report a Street Emergency. Describe the intersection location (cross streets) and, if possible, a description of both the issue and the scale of the issue (all signal directions out, one signal out, one light out, etc.). 

If this is not a traffic emergency, what is wrong with the traffic signal?

City traffic signals may have non-emergency issues that need to be addressed. Some examples include: timing issues, non-functioning walk-wait indicator, non-functioning pedestrian crossing button, or a damaged control box.

Residents may also file complaints for functioning traffic signals. Traffic signals that turn too fast, too slow, or have irregular traffic triggers may be reported with other non-emergency signal issues.

How do I report non-emergency issues with a traffic signal?

During normal business hours (7:30 am - 5:30 pm), contact 311.

Please provide contact information, the traffic signal location (intersection and direction of travel), a detailed description of the issue, and both the day of the week and the time that the problem was observed.

How long does it take to respond to a traffic signal service request?

Traffic and Lighting will respond to Traffic Emergencies immediately. Non-emergency service requests response time will vary depending on request type and call volume.