Pay Your South Bend Utility Bill
South Bend Municipal Utilities distributes the monthly utilities bill, which is comprised of trash pickup, water and sewer services. Below are the various options that customers can pay their bill. Note: All payments are due by 5:00 pm on the date indicated on the bill.
How can I make a payment?
South Bend Municipal Utilities offers a variety of ways customers can pay their bills:
- Pay By Phone
- Call 574.235.9236 and follow the instructions on the integrated voice response (IVR) system. The account number or phone number associated with the account is needed. There is no additional charge for using this service.
- Pay Online
- Use a MasterCard, Discover Card, or Visa Credit/Debit card at utilities.southbendin.gov.
- If you don’t want to set up an online account, you can still make a one-time payment.
- Account holders can download billing statements via online account.
- South Bend Municipal Utilities is not affiliated with any online third-party paying agents. Make sure you understand the terms of service before utilizing any third-party paying agents; South Bend Municipal Utilities is not responsible for any delays in payments that are made through such outside services.
- Learn how to use the online portal to access and manage account information.
- Automatic Bank Draft
- Download an application for automatic bank draft bill payment.
- Pick up an automatic bank draft application at the South Bend Municipal Utilities Office, located at 125 W Colfax Avenue.
- Mail Payments
- Mail payment to:
South Bend Municipal Utilities
PO Box 712
South Bend, IN 46634-7125
- Remember to include bill stub to expedite your payment.
- Mail payment to:
- Walk-In or Drive-Thru Payments (South Bend Municipal Utilities Office is located at 125 W Colfax Avenue)
- Walk-in hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Drive-thru hours are Monday through Thursday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- After Hours Payments
- May be placed in the night drop box at the South Bend Municipal Utilities Office, located at 125 W Colfax Avenue. The drop box is located to the left of the Colfax Avenue entrance.
- Payment will be applied to the account on the next business day.