Request a Yard Waste Extra Pickup
- How do I request a yard waste extra pickup?
- How much does it cost for a yard waste extra pickup?
- What are the guidelines for a yard waste extra pickup?
- 311 Process Notes
A homeowner can request one free yard waste extra pickup of up to 10 30-gallon biodegradable yard waste bags or a cubic yard of bundled and tied limbs per month.
How do I request a yard waste extra pickup?
To schedule a yard waste extra pickup, residents can fill out the online form or can call 311 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Extra pickups will be scheduled on the next available trash day. The scheduled date of the extra pickup will be listed in your confirmation email.
Note: A confirmation email will be sent once the request has been processed by Solid Waste. This may take up to 24 hours.
Only the primary account holder (landlord, property manager, etc.) can schedule an extra yard waste pickup. The last four numbers of the social security number are required to schedule a yard waste extra pickup.
How much does it cost for a yard waste extra pickup?
A homeowner can request one free yard waste extra pickup of up to 10 30-gallon biodegradable yard waste bags or a cubic yard of bundled and tied limbs per month. Additional amounts will be charged at a rate of $10 per cubic yard (equates to 10 30-gallon biodegradable bags). If the cost of the pickup is estimated to be more than $100, the homeowner will be contacted for approval prior to the removal. Homeowners do not have to participate in the Yard Waste Program to request an extra pickup.
What are the guidelines for a yard waste extra pickup?
For extra pickups, homeowners need to follow these guidelines:
• Accepted items include grass clippings, weeds, leaves and twigs.
• All bags must be the brown, biodegradable paper leaf bags and completely void of any trash debris.
• Branches need to be cut to four (4) feet or shorter, be no more than four (4) inches in diameter and bundled securely with twine into manageable bundles.
• All items must be curbside by 6:00 a.m. on trash day as no items will be picked in the alley.
• Yard waste needs to be away from any cars, containers, mailboxes, trees or any other obstructions. Items cannot be under any power lines or branches.
• No household trash, food waste or plastic of any kind will be accepted.
311 Process Notes
HOW TO ENTER A YARD WASTE EXTRA PICK-UP
Enter customer's information into Routeware.
Log the call as a "Yard Waste Extra Pickup".
When adding a yard waste extra pick-up call, click on the top category “Containers”.
To schedule a yard waste extra pick-up, click on the “Yard Waste Extra” container only once.
Once the container has been highlighted, select the “Extra Pickup” job from the drop down category. Click on the “New Job” button.
Once the new job box has popped up, a new extra pick-up job can be scheduled.
The correct date is the first thing that needs to be entered. This is very important.
Once the correct date has been set, enter your initials in the “Requested By” box highlighted red.
The last items to be entered are the notes for the scheduled pick-up. The notes that need to be entered are the items to be picked up, where the item is located (front, side), and a telephone number where the customer can be reached.
Hit “OK” and you’re done.
For more detailed information, please refer to the Routeware Manual.