Request an Extra Trash Pickup
- How do I request an extra trash pick-up?
- How much does it cost for an extra trash pick-up?
- Where should items be placed for extra pickup?
- Are there any items NOT allowed for extra pickup?
- 311 Process Notes
Residents can request an extra pickup for yard waste or a large item. Each household is allowed one extra pickup, equal to one cubic yard in size, per month at no charge. Additional extra pickups for the month will be charged $20 per cubic yard. The extra pickup takes place on the same day as trash pickup.
How do I request an extra trash pick-up?
To schedule an extra pickup, residents can fill out the online form or can call 311 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Extra pickups will be scheduled on the next available trash day. The scheduled date of the extra pickup will be listed in your confirmation email.
Note: A confirmation email will be sent once the request has been processed by Solid Waste. This may take up to 24 hours.
Only the primary account holder (landlord, property manager, etc.) can schedule an extra trash pick-up. The last four numbers of the social security number are needed in order to schedule.
How much does it cost for an extra trash pick-up?
Each month, the first large item or cubic yard is free. Each additional item or cubic yard will be charged at $20 per cubic yard.
Extra pickups over $100 will need to be approved by the resident prior to the removal.
Where should items be placed for extra pickup?
Items for pickup must be placed at the front curb of the property by 6:00 a.m. on the scheduled pickup day. Items must be in the tree lawn area, away from any fences, mailboxes, cars, trees or other containers. Items should not be under any power lines or trees. All items must be able to be disposed of and will not be returned.
Are there any items NOT allowed for extra pickup?
The following items are NOT allowed for extra pickups:
- TVs, DVD players, fax machines, cable boxes, iPods, portable GPS navigation system, e-readers, MP3 players, etc.
- Cameras, camcorders and digital photo frames.
- Computers and associated accessories - monitors, printers, external hard drives, scanners, mice, keyboards, etc.
- Oil, fuel, paint, solvents, any item containing Freon (refrigerators, freezers, etc.), water heaters, propane tanks, batteries, yard waste or tires.
Any items with human or animal bodily fluids such as blood, urine, feces, etc., will not be picked up. Resident must contact an outside source for removal of all bio-hazardous material.
311 Process Notes
Verify that the customer is a paying customer.
If the address does not have any active service, Solid Waste will not schedule an extra pick-up. Another address will not be billed for an inactive addresses extra pick-up.
Complete a work order in Routeware
If the current customer in the utility system is not active in Routeware please forward a service request to Solid Waste and advise the resident to expect confirmation of a pick up date from solid waste once the account has been activated.