Lifeguard Certification Course
- Who is eligible to take the course?
- Where is the Lifeguard Certification Course located?
- When is the course provided?
- What are the rates for the Life Guard Certification Course?
- How can I request more information on the course?
VPA is partnering with the Red Cross to offer both New Lifeguard Certification courses and Lifeguard Recertification courses. Both New Lifeguard and Lifeguard Recertification courses will be “Blended” courses that offer online and in-person training.
The prerequisites for the course are:
- Must be able to swim 300 yards
- Must be able to tread water without using hands for 2 minutes
- Must be able to retrieve a brick in 10-12 feet deep water within a certain time limit
Where is the Lifeguard Certification Course located?
Class Location is at Adams High School and job locations are at Potawatomi Pool, Kennedy Water Playground, Adams High School, and also East Race Waterway with additional training.
When is the course provided?
VPA hosts 2 New Lifeguard Certification and 3 Recertification classes spring. Visit our website for more information.
What are the rates for the Life Guard Certification Course?
For course rates call VPA at 574-299-4765 Mon-Fri 8 am to 4 pm and ask for the Aquatics Manager in charge of the Lifeguard Class or Visit our website for more information. *Lifeguard Recertification fee is waived if applicant is offered and accepts subsequent employment as an SBVPA lifeguard. Offer is dependent on applicant’s ability to pass applicable hiring requirements.
How can I request more information on the course?
For more information contact VPA at 574-299-4765, Mon-Fri 8 am to 4 pm and ask for the Aquatics Manager in charge of the Lifeguard Class Visit our website for more information.
Heads up! SBVPA Aquatics begins the hiring process for Lifeguard positions April, 2021. Check southbendin.gov/employment for all available job opportunities.