SBPD-INQUIRY: Request a Police Case Summary Report

Summary reports contain basic information concerning a case that is also part of the public log. 

If the report references a case that is still open and under review, your request will be reviewed and discussed with the City Attorney to determine whether the report can be released. In some cases, a Public Access Request will need to be submitted and reviewed.

There may be a fee associated with your report.

What information do I need to request a summary report?

To request an incident/offense report, you will need:

  • Victim's last name, or
  • Your report number, or
  • The report date

Where can I request a summary report?

To request an incident/offense report, you must go to the South Bend Police Department. 

701 W. Sample, South Bend, IN

Who can get a summary report?

Only victims can get a summary report.

Please note that suspects cannot be provided a copy of their case from the SBPD Records Bureau. Suspects can file a Public Access Request that will be reviewed by our City Attorney.

When can I request a summary report?

You can request a summary report 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

How much do copies of reports cost?

Summary reports cost $5.