What are the fire pit regulations?
Fire pits are allowed in the city limits. If you feel somebody is burning illegally, please call 911.
You may have a pit fire as long as:
- Clean fire wood is burned
- Fire is not offensive to the neighbors and the neighborhood*
- Someone over 18 years old is watching it
- Fire extinguishing means are available at the site
- A screen lid is preferred if it comes with the pit
*If there are complaints about the fire, and the Fire Department determines the fire is offensive, you will be asked to extinguish the fire.
Note: these are outdoor pits only- not 55 gallon drum fires.
When am I able to use a fire pit?
Fire Pit Hours:
- You cannot burn past sunset
- Fire needs to be out completely by sunset